Return to PSG Models documentation page
PENSIM output file .JEB
--- .JEB file contains a row for each job-ending experienced by
cohort sample individuals. Some individuals have no
jobs, and hence, no rows in this file.
The PENSIM runNNNNN.jeb file has no heading lines and no summary lines.
The file contains a single row of tab-delimited statistics for each
job-ending experienced by cohort sample member, which means that
individuals without any lifetime jobs have no rows in this file.
It is also possible that an individual with a short job duration
has more than one row with the same age and calendar year. There
will be a row here for each lifetime job reported in the .cov
output file, and individuals with zero lifetime jobs in the .cov
output file will have no rows here. The "rectangular" format of
the .jeb file makes it suitable for tabulating with an AWK
FORMAT OF JOB-END RECORD:
(1) scenario: scenario number
(2) individual id: individual number (starts at 1 for each scenario)
(3) individual age at job end (expressed in whole number of years)
(4) nominal vested balance in DC and DB/CA(cash-balance) plans at job end ($K)
(5) nominal vested balance in DC and DB/CA plans that is rolled over ($K)
(6) reason for job-ending: 1 ==> job separation during career,
2 ==> death,
3 ==> disability (temporary or permanent),
4 ==> emigration,
5 ==> retirement.